Chicken stuffed with spiced couscous grapes Frangipane apple roses
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper and lay a single layer of apples slices over each. Season with salt. Bake, turning once, until crisp (about 30 minutes).
- Heat butter in a large pot. Sauté onions and leeks until soft.
- Add all remaining soup ingredients. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup using a stick blender. Season.
- Brown butter: Heat butter and rosemary in a small pan. Cook until butter smells nutty and has turned golden brown.
- Serve soup drizzled with brown butter and topped with apple crisps.
- Prevent cut apples from oxidising and browning by either brushing with lemon juice or keeping them submerged under cold water until needed.
- Crisp apple slices can be kept in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Fantastic as a snack.