Toasted mozzarella and grape sandwiches.Apple and parsnip soup with brown butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until soft. Cool.
- Mix all remaining stuffing ingredients with onions.
- Stuff chickens neck and body cavity with stuffing and secure the loose neck skin with a toothpick.
- Place onion wedges in a roasting tray and place the chicken on top.
- Drizzle with oil and season all over. Scatter with thyme.
- Pour verjuice around chicken.
- Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour. Remove foil
- Place remaining grapes around chicken and roast for 30 minutes more or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve chicken with pan juices and grapes.
- Verjuice is slightly fermented grape juice and lends a lovely acidity to the sauce.
- Don’t be concerned about using uncooked couscous in the stuffing, these is enough liquid as the chicken cooks to steam it.